Greenville Fire-Rescue responded to a small fire early this morning at the intersection of Bourland and Walnut, where the vigil for Alicia Moore was held last night.
Chief Doug Caison reports that the fire was not at the park but at the intersection of Bourland and Walnut. A small vigil was set up for Alicia Moore yesterday evening in the grass area at the corner. Oil based candles and a few stuffed animals were used for the vigil. After the vigil, the candles were left unattended beside the stuffed animals. Between midnight and 1:0 am, one of the candle containers overheated and broke, igniting the stuffed animals nearby. The fire was small, a 5x5 foot area. The cause of the fire appears to be accidental, left unattended and too close to an ignition source.